The Day – Camel Catering at Conn College offers artichoke dip
At Connecticut College, Camel Catering’s on-site staff are responsible for creating and delivering a range of culinary services, including presidential dinners for board members and visiting dignitaries, meetings, receptions and banquets. for professors, staff and administration and – yes, definitely! – all kinds of menus for student activities.
Camel Catering Manager Merrill Collins and Assistant Manager John Dillon have learned from thousands of these gatherings that some of their recipes are still popular and in great demand across the board, be it for hungry sophomores. or a reception in honor of a visiting Nobel laureate.
One of them – perfect, by the way, for fall gatherings in winter – is their artichoke dip. It’s easy to do and completely addicting.
– Rick Koster
Camel Artichoke Dip
8 ounces Cream Cheese
½ cup of mayonnaise
2 teaspoons of ground black pepper
2 teaspoons of garlic powder
2 tsp of paprika
1 ½ cup seasoned artichoke hearts, drained
¾ cup of grated Parmesan
¾ cup grated cheddar cheese
1. With a stand mixer, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise and seasonings until well combined.
2. Add the artichoke hearts and stir over medium heat to combine and break up the artichokes.
3. Add cheese and mix until completely incorporated.
4. Pour the mixture into a baking dish and coat the top with a thin layer of breadcrumbs.
5. Bake at 350⁰ for 20-25 minutes or until breadcrumbs are golden and bubbly on sides of pan.