New Dealerships and Packers Features for Monday Home Opening
GREEN BAY, Wisconsin (WBAY) – After starvation in Week 1 for the Green Bay Packers, the team unveils a treat for Monday night’s home opener against the Detroit Lions.
Off the menu and off the pitch, the Packers are urging all attendees to have their tickets recorded on their smartphones – as soon as possible. Download them this weekend for those coming to Monday night’s game in case the Lambeau Field Wi-Fi is overwhelmed.
âHave them in your phone downloaded in your wallet or just ready to go,â said Aaron Popkey, director of public affairs for the Green Bay Packers. âYou don’t want to do this while you’re heading for the door. “
For step-by-step instructions and video tutorials on how to download your tickets, you can visit the Green Bay Packers Mobile Ticket website by clicking here.
A new fireworks display and sound installation around the stadium bowl will inform fans that the kick-off is one hour away. An initiative to encourage everyone to head from the tailgate, bar or restaurant nearby to the game. Especially considering that there will be some unique food and drink options inside.
âWe want everyone in the bowl because the louder our fans, the team feels the energy of our fans and that creates excitement for them,â said Gabrielle Dow, vice president of marketing and fan engagement.
Some of the Packers’ new game day concessions include a bratwurst filled with mac and cheese. Plus a ‘pierogi tailgater’ that uses the unusual but delicious combination of cheese curds and Johnsonville bratwurst in tandem with its chewy interior. These latest culinary creations will be on offer throughout the regular season and post-season if the Packers advance.
âWe always try to have fun with it,â said Zac LaDubec, executive chef at Lambeau Field. âWe have a lot of chefs here. We try to come together and try to think. Think about stadium food and always try to give it a new twist. I think the hardest part is trying to put a new twist on traditional food.
Here is the full list of the new Packers menu options and in which restaurants or sections you can find them:
- Tailgater Pierogi: Section 486- Homemade pierogi stuffed with kid, cheese curds, onion and sauerkraut, beer mustard cream
- Potato and Cheese Pierogi: Section 486 – Traditional homemade pierogi topped with Johnsonville Polish sausage, sautÃ©ed onions and sauerkraut, charred chive cream.
- Johnsonville Chorizo ââQuesadilla: Johnsonville Tailgate Village – Johnsonville Chorizo ââSausage Strips, Black Bean Corn Salsa, Monterey Jack Cheese, Fresh Tortilla
- Johnsonville Bourbon Bratwurst: Johnsonville Tailgate Village, Section 134, 352- Johnsonville Brat, Johnsonville Sausage Strip Bourbon Jam, Sauteed Onions, Provolone Cheese, Bretzel Brat Bun
- Johnsonville Touchdown Mac and Cheese Bratwurst: Johnsonville Tailgate Village, Section 134, 352- Johnsonville Brat, Johnsonville Sausage Strips, Mac And Cheese, Fried Choucroute, Sheboygan Brat Bun
- Gyro: Section 124-O- Fresh pita bread, minced gyro meat, tzatziki sauce, grated lettuce, sliced ââtomato, minced red onion
- Feta Fries: Section 124-O- Greek Seasonings, Crumbled Feta Cheese, Tzatziki Sauce Accompaniment
Copyright 2021 WBA. All rights reserved.