Hillsborough County – Get your high school diploma in under 18 months with the Tampa-Hillsborough County Public Library
Posted November 19, 2021 | 2:31 p.m.
Accredited online program focused on career development
If you had a dream about graduating from high school, this might be the sign you were looking for. The Tampa-Hillsborough County Public Library is seeking applicants for its Career Online High School. Hillsborough residents can graduate from high school in less than 18 months through this accredited online education program focused on career development.
The program offers nine career tracks in high demand and high growth fields including general, food and hospitality, home care professionals, office management, child care and education. , retail customer service, business conduct, security professionals, and hospitality and recreation. Students will also receive job preparation assistance by learning how to write a competitive resume and cover letter.
The Tampa-Hillsborough County Public Library made getting started really easy. First, applicants must meet the following program requirements:
- Reside in Hillsborough County
- Be able to devote 8 hours per week to take online courses
- Have access to a computer (students can use the computers anywhere in the library.)
Applicants who meet the program requirements can follow these steps to get started:
- Complete the online self-assessment to determine if this program meets your education and career needs.
- If you qualify based on the assessment, you will receive a link to use your library card to register and take a prerequisite course in two weeks or less.
- A library staff member will contact you to set up an interview date and discuss your application to the program.
The window to apply for a scholarship ends in May 2022 or after all scholarships have been awarded. Find out about the program.