Georgia Athletics Launches Pilot Basketball Alcohol Program
Responsible consumption faq
ATHENS, Georgia – The University of Georgia Athletic Association will launch a pilot alcohol sales program at the Stegeman Coliseum for men’s and women’s basketball this season. The pilot program will allow UGAAA to monitor restaurant and event operations with alcohol sales, while enhancing the fan experience with expanded concession offerings. Georgia will be the 11e The Southeastern Conference School sells alcohol at athletics venues.
A variety of local, imported, artisanal and premium beers and seltzer will be available at designated concession stands throughout the Colosseum, with strict attention to our responsible drinking guidelines and fan management protocols. The pilot program will also focus on promoting the responsible sale, service and consumption of alcohol.
The guidelines include:
- Alcoholic beverages are only available to fans aged 21 and over.
- Each transaction requires a valid government issued ID.
- An identity check is compulsory in all points of sale.
- Limit of two drinks per transaction, per person.
- Sales begin once the doors open at Stegeman Coliseum, 1 hour before the advertised start time.
- Sales end at designated times, as determined by the SEC’s Gaming Management Policy on Alcohol Sales, which indicate the media wait time at 12:00 p.m. in the 2sd half for men’s basketball and the end of 3rd quarter for women’s basketball.
- All drinks will be served in cups.
- Aramark, the official partner of the UGAAA concessions, will handle all operations related to the sale of alcohol at events.
- Aramark employees will receive extensive training through an internal training program. All employees must be certified in an accredited alcohol service program (TEAM or TIPS).
- Each event will have an Alcohol Compliance Supervisor (Aramark Standard) on site.
Safety and the promotion of responsible behavior are of the utmost importance and the top priority of this pilot program. The consumption of alcohol by minors is strictly prohibited and no sale will be made to visibly intoxicated persons.
Our responsible consumption policies will be presented on our Gameday Central pages for men and women. CLICK HERE for the Southeastern Conference Alcohol Policy.